Shea has entered multiple contract extensions with this client to continue developing standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures. Shea technical writers helped the IT Department achieve an unprecedented Cybersecurity Maturity score, the highest among all out-of-kingdom subsidiaries. This accomplishment resulted in future work with additional company subsidiaries. When the client’s IT Department needed additional assistance with documents, they requested a specific Shea technical writer by name. In 2021, the client entered into a Master Services Agreement with Shea for future work, giving Shea preferred vendor status.
Shea worked with the client and a team of subject matter experts to:
- Develop a work schedule timeline.
- Create a comment tracking worksheet for use throughout the project.
- Transition the document into anew template with fresh formatting
- Revise the document based on comments from reviewers, management, senior leadership, the operational management system (OMS) Librarian, and legal team.
- Organize, merge, and input comments from reviewers, management, and legal team.
- Develop a Control of Work guidance document that includes examples of successful practice implementation
- Gather and organize information from various applicable Group Defined & Recommended Practices and Interntaional safety standards.
- Perform gap analysis based on reference documents and lessons learned.
- Facilitate multiple workshops with SMEs.
In anticipation of an upcoming audit this client hired Shea to:
- Quickly complete revisions to hundreds of procedures.
- Provide consistent formatting
- Update legacy procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Develop a consistent procedure template.
- Adhere to stated brand guidelines.
Initially, Shea provided the following services:
- Scribing and editing of meeting decisions and action items
In March 2022, the scope of Shea’s provided services was expanded to include
- Document control
- Meeting facilitation
- Project management support
- Capturing existing process workflows and revising them to improve efficiency
- Advising functional groups on documentation process improvements
- Creating PowerPoint presentations and Visio organizational charts
- Scribing for highly confidential meetings and creating follow-up action lists
- Developing a Document Control standard operating procedure (SOP) including hyperlinks to document storage
- Serving as the central point of contact between the client’s engineering department and external contractors, for critical engineering document review
- Maintaining detailed document review logs and critical response dates
A south Texas ISD contacted Shea Writing & Training Solutions to assist with the annual revision of the district’s Employee Handbook. Shea was hired to:
- Work within a tight timeframe.
- Create a template with consistent formatting and attention to graphic design.
- Format and edit the existing Employee Handbook content.
Our success in providing a visually engaging format and quick turnaround in delivering the revised handbook has led to a continued working relationship with the district, and our engagement in several subsequent projects.
Shea became a preferred vendor and developed hundreds of standards, guidelines, procedures, and technical papers for the client. When assistance was needed, the client often requested a specific Shea technical writer by name. Even as the energy company weathered management changes and oil price fluctuations, the Shea relationship was deemed business critical.
Throughout our ongoing engagement with the energy company, Shea’s writers met challenging deadlines and significantly improved company processes related to writing and approving internal and external publications. Shea solidified a lasting client relationship by consistently providing the company with expert writers who contributed to setting and meeting company goals.