Evalyn Shea is the founder and President of Shea Writing and Training Solutions, established in 1997; and Shea Capability and Compliance Solutions, established in 2014.
With more than 27 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, Evalyn has built Shea Writing and Training Solutions into the leading provider of technical writing support in Houston.
After establishing Shea Writing and Training Solutions in 1997, Evalyn developed relationships with major oil and gas producers and service providers, and her talent and experience helped her provide writing support for the Macondo report. Her active participation and leadership roles across various boards and associations demonstrates her belief in community.
Under Evalyn’s leadership, her companies have continued to grow and have expanded into the software, manufacturing, chemical, and healthcare sectors.
Her active participation and leadership roles across various boards and associations demonstrate her belief in community. Evalyn holds a B.A. in History and Political Science from the University of New Hampshire.
Certifications & Associations
We are certified as a woman-owned business by the Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA) and are one of the premier small businesses of the area.
Even as the company continues to grow Evalyn upholds a strong belief in community and gratefully continues her participation in industry and leadership roles across various boards and associations, including:
- Marine Technology Society (MTS) – Past Vice-Chairman and Chairman
- Society of Professional Women in Petroleum – Past President
- Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA) – Committee work
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) – International Offshore Pipeline Forum Steering Committee
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) – Past President
- Society for Technical Communication (STC) – Occasional panelist and speaker